SEO techniques are various methods and practices that help your website rank better in search engines and attract more visitors. SEO techniques can be divided into three main categories: on-site, off-site and technical SEO. On-site SEO aims to optimize your website's content and source code. Off-site SEO aims to increase the authority and popularity of your website through actions taken outside of your website. Technical SEO aims to improve your website's speed, security, mobile compatibility, indexing status and structural data. Under these categories, there are many techniques you can implement for the SEO success of your website. Some of these are those:
Doing keyword research: It is necessary to do keyword research to determine the words that show what topics your website is about and what search queries it can answer. When determining keywords, it is important to consider factors such as search volume, competitiveness, and intent alignment. You can use various tools to do keyword research. For example, you can identify long-tail words by brainstorming and using tools like UberSuggest, KeywordShitter, AnswerThePublic.
Optimizing title, description and URL: Creating appropriate title, description and URL for each page of your website is important for both search engines and users. The title, description, and URL determine how your website appears on search results pages and what it is about. Therefore, it is necessary to use keywords, brand name, benefit promise and call invitation expressions in these elements. Additionally, it is necessary to make the lengths and formats of these elements compatible with search engine standards.
- Content optimization: It is critical for both search engines and users that the content of your website is high quality, original, interesting and useful. When optimizing content, it is necessary to use keywords, title tags, subheadings, images, lists, tables, internal and external links correctly. It is also necessary to consider the length, readability, timeliness and relevance of the content.
- Creating backlinks: Backlinks are links that your website receives from other sites. Backlinks increase your website's authority, credibility, popularity and competitive advantage. To create backlinks, it is necessary to get links from quality and relevant sites, produce original, high-quality and useful content, and use different platforms such as social media, forum, blog comment, promotional article, news site, video site. When creating backlinks, it is necessary to be careful to be natural and organic and to avoid excessive and artificial backlink purchases.
- Increasing the speed of your website: The speed of your website is an important factor for both search engines and users. To increase the speed of your website, it is necessary to remove unnecessary codes, plugins and large files, reduce images, compress them and optimize their formats, and use techniques such as caching, CDN, gzip compression.
- Ensuring the security of your website: The security of your website is an important factor for both search engines and users. To ensure the security of your website, it is necessary to use an SSL certificate and add https to the beginning of your website address to show that your website is secure. Additionally, it is necessary to take precautions such as firewall, antivirus, up-to-date backup to protect your website against threats such as viruses, malware, DDoS attacks.
- Ensuring the mobile compatibility of your website: The mobile compatibility of your website is an important factor for both search engines and users. To ensure mobile compatibility of your website, it is necessary to make your website design simple and mobile-friendly, and to ensure that people who visit your website can easily access information. Additionally, it is necessary to use various tools to test and improve the mobile appearance of your website.
- Checking the indexing status of your website: The indexing status of your website determines whether your website is crawled by search engines and whether it appears in search results. To check the indexing status of your website, it is necessary to use tools such as Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools. These tools show your website's indexing status, errors, performance, and improvement suggestions. In addition, it is necessary to determine the pages that you do not want your website to be indexed with the robots.txt file and create a sitemap to speed up the indexing of your website.
- Using your website's structured data: Structured data are codes that explain the meaning and structure of your website's content to search engines. Using structured data makes your website appear richer and more attractive in search results. To use structured data, it is necessary to determine the schema types suitable for the content of your website, encode it in JSON-LD format, and test it with the Google Structured Data Testing Tool.
These SEO techniques are some examples that can help your website rank better in search engines and attract more visitors. However, since SEO is a constantly evolving and changing field, it requires up-to-date information and constant adaptation.